Waterproof Packs & Cases
Here are my top picks for waterproof cases for canoe tripping. On this page you’ll find information on canoe barrels, barrel harnesses and pelican cases.
Canoe Barrels & Barrel Harnesses
My top recommendation for a canoe barrel. It is extremely durable and waterproof. Perfect for food storage on a short trip or a first aid kit on a long expedition.
- Dimensions: 31 x 19 x 19 cm
- Weight: 1.8 kg
- Features: Leaver-Lock Closure Lid and Two External Side Handles
The best barrel harness I’ve tried. Secures barrel well so it won’t move around on a portage and the straps won’t loosen over time. Shoulder and hip pads and very comfortable.
- Material: Diamond grid-reinforced polyester and straps are ballistic nylon.
- Adjustable: Fits both 60L and 30L barrels
- Air Mesh padding throughout structured shoulder harness and waist belt
I've used this barrel on a few trips and although it's not my favourite barrel, it's still a good one. I don't like how the indented handles take away space inside. Fits a standard 60 L barrel harness.
- Material: Heavy grade virgin polyethelene plastic
- Dimensions: 27 x 17 x 17 inches
- Weight: 7.8 lbs
- Features: Watertight screw top and clamp seal keeps content safe and dry, folding plastic grip handles
Barrel harness for a 60 L barrel that is very durable and has comfortable shoulder straps and a hip belt for easy portaging.
- Dimensions: 33.02 x 10.16 x 50.8 cm
- Weight: 1.27 Kilograms
- Material: 600 Denier polyester fabric
- Feature: Padded hip belt and shoulder straps and grab handles for easy lifting out of boat or car
This waterproof case is made from ABS plastic and is extremely durable. An O-ring and automatic pressure equalization valve keeps it waterproof and easy to open. This is perfect for bringing camera gear on a canoe trip with you.
- Customize interior to fit your gear: Removable pick-n-pluck foam is perforated into cubes
- Submersible: Yes
- Weight: 2.5 kg
- Dimensions: 40.64 x 17.45 x 33.02 cm